burton + BURTON®, the world's largest balloon and coordinating gift distributor, currently has the following positions available. Please submit all resumes to email@example.com
Imports Assistant Product Manager
This trainee position will work directly under Imports Product Managers (PMs) to assist and train in the following essential job responsibilities.
- Supports PMs in product development, innovation and research
- Forwards artwork for products in development to vendors; maintains contact with vendors throughout product life cycle
- Accurately and completely maintains product records in UNIX system
- Assists with literature layout process
- Checks in vendor product samples from weekly containers, performs quality control on product received
- Monitors and analyzes in-stock data and forecasts inventory levels
- Conducts seasonal and everyday product reviews
- Responds to questions from salespeople in a helpful and courteous manner
- Requires occasional domestic and international travel
Experience and education:
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English; proficient with desktop/laptop computers and MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to think strategically and execute methodically
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree required, specifically in Business Management, Accounting, Economics, or any other related field
Preferred Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in inventory management, procurement or forecasting in a distribution capacity or equivalent combination of education and experience
Requires an acute attention to detail and good understanding of font use, color theory, and color coordination. Must be able to multi-task well under tight production deadlines.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required in related field; minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role. Must provide portfolio of InDesign projects at interview.
Part-time Executive Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a Part-time Executive Administrative Assistant to provide personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. You will work on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to busy executive’s working life and communication.
Experience and Education: Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures; excellent knowledge of MS Office; high level verbal and written communications skills. Writing degree major preferred.
The Visual Designer develops ideas or plans for merchandise displays and window decorations within company showrooms.
Constructs and/or assembles displays or display components from fabric, Glass, paper, or plastic, using hand tools or woodworking power tools. Assembles and sets up displays, furniture, and/or other products in showroom space while utilizing colors, lights, pictures, And/or other accessories to display the product. Must be able to travel extensively in the US.
Experience and Education: Min. 3 – 5 years visual design experience preferably in the gift and/or home décor industry; min. Associate’s Degree in related field; CFD® or AIFD®preferred.
Please submit resumes to Connie Blackwell at firstname.lastname@example.org
burton + BURTON® is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Full time positions at burton + BURTON® offer:
- Generous company contribution towards medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid vacation, personal/sick leave, and holidays
- Childcare subsidy
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan